Toasting grains and then storing them for instant cooking or eating while travelling or when hungry seems to be a common theme across cultures. Today's recipe is easy Spiced Granola, made using our Bengali Garam Masala.
2 Cups Oats (rolled)
1/3 Cup Buckwheat
1/4 Cup Chia seeds
3 Tbsp Sunflower or Pumpkin Seeds
2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/3 Cup Honey/Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Coconut oil (Substitute with Olive oil or Ghee)
1/2 Tbsp Bengali Garam Masala (Substitute with just cinnamon)
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Prepare a baking tray by lining it with baking paper or aluminium foil.
2. In a big bowl mix oats, buckwheat, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, Cacao, Bengali garam masala, salt.
3. In a small pot heat coconut oil and honey together until melted & has a pouring consistency.
4. Mix honey-oil mixture with oats mixture. Give it a gentle stir and spread it on a baking tray.
5. Bake for 20 min and then stir, pat it down and bake for another 20 min.
6.. Let it cool and give it a gentle stir. Granola will crisp up once cooled.
Enjoy with some fresh fruits and milk.