Haldi doodh (Turmeric Milk) as traditionally it's called is delicious drink full of anti-inflammatory, rejuvenating properties. When had every night it induces good night's sleep, helps recover from pains and injuries. The secret to good turmeric milk is not overdoing it, one needs only a small amount of turmeric blend for it to be beneficial to the body, adding heaps of it in your milk diminishes any good effects. Our turmeric blend has pepper in it, which enhances the effects of turmeric and helps in recovering from cold and sore throat too. Here's a simple recipe on how to make it correctly -
1/4 tsp Masala Turmeric Blend (or just turmeric)
1/2 tsp Honey/Maple Syrup/Raw Sugar/Jaggery
1 cup milk (Dairy or Non- Dairy)
IN A POT
1. In a pot heat milk until it just starts to boil.
2. Add Masala Turmeric Blend followed by sugar.
3. Once the milk comes to slight boil take it off the heat and serve.
WITH COFFEE MACHINE
1. In a milk jug add 1 cup of milk, and froth like you would for latte.
2. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric blend & sugar in a cup and pour frothed milk on top of it. Give it a stir and enjoy!
Sprinkle ground cashews or almonds on top for added good fats.